Monday 14 May 2007

Serebro: Eurovision Goes Electro - Part I


Hey all, sorry about the lack of posts and all, but this is about to change soon, because basically I've found a new love of blogging!

Anyway, I stayed in and watched Eurovision on Saturday night like the good little gay that I am. It was all a bit shit to be honest, a couple of exceptions being the Swedish glam-rock entry and the one I am bringing you today - Russia's entry.
The band is called Serebro (pronounced Serr-er-bro, not ser-ee-bro like the character from X-Men, as I'd been calling them). They're three feisty girls dressed in possibly non-standard-issue convent school outfits singing about their bitches. Needless to say, it's amazing.

I'm also not 100% sure if I'm still gay after seeing their performance - I got a funny feeling inside myself, which I think was a good one - but I can't tell...

Oh and Eurovision? In case you're wondering, the girls came 3rd in the competition after an unattractive Serbian lesbian with a nevertheless quite-good voice at first, and a transvestite glitterball-waving, happy-hardcore-lite-loving, Ukranian tinman in second place. The Dance Breakdown in the video below was not featured in Eurovision. I'm sure that if they had included this, Serebro would have won the competition.

Download: Serebro - Song Number One

Info: Serebro on Wikipedia
Visit: Their Unofficial MySpace
Lots of content on that MySpace though. Pictures and stuff mind, they only have one song to date.

Drool at: The video for Song #1:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Give Up Now Music

Someone else who likes Serebro!

They definitely had the best song of the night on Saturday, and it deserves to be one of the pop moments of 2007.

It's one of the best things I've heard all year (http://www.goodrichard.com/?p=191)

An album must follow...

Paul said...

not a huge eurovision follower but i fucking love this song now! And the guy on the far left in the pic looks like he would be pretty hot too, and really in the grand scheme of things that is all that counts :P