Tuesday 19 December 2006

Tiefschwarz

I was reading one of those NME magazines recently, and it had some interview with a guy called Mattie Safer. (I might flesh this part out later). Apparently, he's the lead vocalist (from what i can gather) of indie-punk-funk band The Rapture. I wondered where I'd heard that name before until I realised that one of my many 'favourite tracks' in the last few months was Warning Siren by Tiefschwarz ft Matty Safer (which I'm sure is where there must be must be the spelling mistake, rather than on The Rapure's stuff and also in NME, poor source though it is.) His voice is so recognisable from The Rapture, I'm surprised I hadn't noticed, or at least suspected. And with The Rapture having released an album recently, it seemed appropriate to put the aforementioned track up.

On their album, Tiefschwarz have also done a couple of great collaborations with an indie-electro maestro from a couple of years back named Chikinki, one of which (Artificial Chemicals), can be heard here at the blog.

For a few years now, Tiefscwarz have also been make a lucrative sideline in remixing other people's songs like so many of these faceless Dance Music types. So presented for your delectation is also their rework of Kinda New by Spektrum.

Tiefschwarz ft Matty Safer - Warning Siren
Tiefschwarz ft Chikinki - Artificial Chemicals
Spektrum - Kinda New (Tiefschwarz vocal edit)

No comments: